"What do you want to achieve in life?"

"What do you want to achieve in life?"

(Me living out my dreams, a selfie with Davo... wait, I mean...
helping people towards their health and fitness goals)


This is a question that I regularly ponder upon, whether it's regarding my health and fitness, personal, financial, and spiritual goals. I use this question as my fuel to achieve; I use this question to keep me on track; I use this question to give myself a reality check!


This might sound all dramatic but it's a lesson that we could all learn from. One of my favourite quotes of all time was a quote from the final Rocky movie. Not one of the classics but Sly has this short monologue which has been recycled into so many motivational videos. I would like to share it with you right now...

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"

So tonight when you sit down with your beer, wine, juice, water (whatever), contemplate this "Am I achieving what I want in life?"

If your answer is no, or sometimes etc. then tomorrow (not monday) take one step. That's right, take just one step towards achieving that goal. If you want to lose weight, go for a walk; if you want to be a millionaire, put away some money into a savings account; if you want to rekindle your relationship with a loved one, then do something romantic for them.

LESSON:
Whatever it takes, make it happen, but don't leave anything on the table. Put all your energy into your goals, at the end of each day life will be so much more satisfying if your taking action and moving forward towards your goals.

Here is a motivational video which I listen to almost daily (it also contains the Rocky quote). But I don't just watch it I listen to it, I respect the words being spoken...



Please comment if you liked or even disliked this post.


All the best,

PK

...

No comments:

Post a Comment